Thursday, August 27, 2009

happy birthday, dear one


Yesterday morning I found this child literally swinging from the chandelier in the kitchen. For the third time. Who even knew that this was a real thing. Isn't it just an expression? Yesterday he turned 2. How did that happen?All of the sudden he is a little boy, not a baby. He is not much like his older brother at this age. Tommy, while curious and adventurous, was inherently cautious. This one? Not so much. I am currently in the process of child-proofing my upper cabinets because height does not seem to be any sort of a deterrent. He is naughty but I can hardly stand to discipline to the adorable little thing. He thinks it's hilarious to run away, hide or to repeat what ever he was just chastised for. Should you choose to sit on the floor anywhere in his vicinity, he is sure that you want to wrestle and will tackle appropriately. He wants to have his trucks books read over and over and he simply can't be expected to go to bed without his blankie. He grins and laughs at everything. He is a champion snuggler. He is my delight. Oh dear, he just came into the kitchen, he is applying mascara to his nose with my favorite Diorshow. Please excuse me.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I hope Johnny had a wonderful birthday! And I hope your mascara made it!

Linn said...

He is such a cutie! Two years old, now that is just ridiculous! Glad he had a wonderful day!

Nate and Di said...

Happy Birthday Johnny!! We love you!

Amber said...

What a funny boy. Happy Birthday Johnny. Please tell me not all 2nd children are fearless.

erin said...

Happy birthday to your sweet boy!