Thursday, September 4, 2008

it makes me smile


Yesterday I bought new shoes. I hear you all saying, "Big deal, we all know you have a bit of a shoe problem." These, however were not just any shoes, these were new running shoes. I have officially worn out my first pair of running shoes. I put 440 miles on them before they gave up the ghost. I feel really good about that. I took much of last week off from running so when I finally went again on Tuesday it had been several days. People who drove by me that evening must have thought that I was an escaped mental patient because I could not wipe the huge grin off my face for the entire six miles, and this was with a little knee and hip pain because my shoes were in their final throws. I really love running. I deeply regret that I did not give it a real shot earlier in my life because it makes me super happy. Years ago I saw a woman wearing a t-shirt that said,"I love to run, it makes me smile, I think I'll go another mile." I remember it because at the time it seemed absolutely preposterous to me. I totally get it now, I wonder if I can find that shirt on ebay? (note- the above photo is representative of the state my shoes are in, not my actual shoes)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

New running shoes are the BEST!

Amy said...

You are amazing! Two questions: When do you find time to run, and How/When did you start running?

While I was going to school I used to run in the heat of the day. I would really like to start again, but can't excite myself to do it. I really did enjoy it. I would really like to know what got you motivated to start.

Ed said...

I am sure you could find a shirt like that online somewhere...or you could get creative and make one! Way to go on the running! It is great to find something you love.

Linn said...

For the ten thousandth time--you rock!!