Friday, September 5, 2008

the goods old days-part 2


Remember before you had kids, when you would get really sick, you would get to stay home and sleep. When you lost your voice you spent the day being quiet and no one had a bad morning requiring lots of parenting and thus talking because it's really hard to sound stern and serious when speaking in a croaking whisper. Remember how, when you got sick, the only person in the house who was whining excessively was you. And it didn't matter that it was the first day of school and there was mandatory parent meeting at 9 or that the child care arrangements you had made for the baby weren't going to work out or that you hadn't yet ordered the cake for tomorrow's birthday party. Nothing mattered because you were sick so you had to stay home and rest. Yeah, me too. Sigh.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so sick. If there is anything I can do to help for tomorrow just let me know!

Dena said...

Oh you poor thing. I ould love to put you to bed, shut the door and take over for a couple days. I miss you sweetie. By the way, Dad just showed me his comment under my name in "Judgy Wudgy" did you see it? Sick him girl!

Love Mom

Julie said...

Hang in there! I can't wait for those days. Just 18 years away!