Friday, April 15, 2011

my little enforcer, and his brother, the ambassador

So, some of you have already heard this story. Actually, most of you. Too bad. It's funny, so I'm writing about it anyway.

A few weeks ago we headed over to the salon for the boys' monthly haircuts. Kyle has been cutting their ( and our) hair since we have lived here. He is not a new person in their lives. Having their haircut is not a new experience. Neither one of them made it past their first birthday before monthly haircuts were required just to keep them from looking like no one loved them. Tommy went first, as always. He spent his time in the chair chatting to Kyle about how important it is to be responsible and that being a kind, thoughtful older brother is super important. I kid you not. When it was Johnny's turn, he climbed up into the chair and gave Kyle a dazzling grin. He then informed him," If you cut my toes off, I will give you a knuckle sandwich." The haircut proceeded as usual.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Cute!!

Carrie said...

That's hilarious!!!

Linn said...

Hahahahaha! Your boys are stupendous! And I'm not just saying that so I don't get a knuckle sandwich.