Monday, September 20, 2010

little miss sunshine

First:
Obviously, September is not going to be the month in which I post every single day. I admit it, perhaps October. Probably, but you shouldn't hold your breath.

Second:
I have been ruminating on this post for a couple of weeks now. I am not happy with it. It didn't come out the way I wanted it to be. But I posted it in a hurry and now I'm all angsty about it. I sounded like Pollyanna or someone equally clueless about real life. I recognize that there are great hurts and sadnesses that shape who we are, who we become, that those things are a massive part of the human experience. I didn't mean to downplay those things. Hopefully though, these great hurts are few and far between. Hopefully we spend the majority of our lives searching for the great joys and often finding them. That's what I really meant to say. Mostly.

1 comment:

Malea said...

I don't give a rats patootie what you meant to mean to say. I liked the post. It was a loverly way to express gratitude. You rock, my girl. I am verrry excited to cheer you on in a couple of weeks!