Monday, October 12, 2009

and this little piggy....



Every morning I am secretly convinced that my children are going to wake up with the dreaded swine flu. Every morning. I take their temperatures like three times a day. Johnny has been a pill the last few days and I am positive it's because he is coming down with "something" (read swine flu). Tommy's asthma has been nuts the last few days and I know why. Let me be clear, as far as I know, they have not been exposed. No one that I know has been exposed (lately, anyway) but I keep hearing about schools with 20% absenteeism and everywhere I go there are giant vats of hand sanitizer. It's really the hand sanitizer that lets me know that this little virus is EVERYWHERE. I totally get that for most people it's really not that big of a deal. It's a nasty flu and on with your life. It's just that my monkeys have awesome cases of asthma and since every little sniffle sends Tommy into clouds of breathing treatments, I am little over-cautious about respiratory infections, especially ones that encourage coughing. So this one is making me nuts. I really need my doc to get his allotment of the vaccine so that we can get on with it and I can put my poor, over-used thermometer back in it's drawer. Plus, I now have enough hand sanitizer to last me until the apocalypse.

No comments: