Wednesday, September 24, 2008

suzy homemaker


So, I have this friend. For purposes of this post we will call her "Megan". Last week Megan had a woman stop by to give her an estimate on bi-monthly cleanings. The estimate came back ridiculously high and Megan felt the whole thing was silly because she already did most of the things the woman offered to do on a regular basis. You know things like cleaning the slats of the blinds with soap and water, scrubbing the baseboards, oiling the woodwork. While it's not that I never do these things, I do, just not near as often as I should. Megan's house is always sparkly and shiny, Megan bakes sweet breads about once a week, Megan cooks lovely meals almost every night. Megan's children are adorable and well-behaved. Megan works out every day and always looks put together. Plus-she is super pleasant and I really like her. How, Megan, how are you getting all these things done and done well? HOW?!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Maybe she is one of the original "Stepford Wives"? Just kidding! I'm glad she is getting some slack. She likes to dish it on my "cooking" skills.

The Busby Family said...

Come to my house and you will feel better, it is always messy and the laundry is always piled high, I hardly ever cook good meals (it doesn't help that my husband is never home for dinner) and I never clean the bathrooms, I really need a maid.

Cassi said...

Pharmaceuticals, my dear sister, thats how!

Amy said...

I would love to know as well:) Please let me know when you find out!

Julie said...

Megan makes us all look bad!