Tuesday, April 5, 2011

tulips make everything better

If you ask me how I feel about Kansas in January, I will have many a negative thing to report. January makes me grouchy. February is made better only by the fact that Valentine's Day brings presents and fresh flowers. Also, that's usually when we go on vacation. March is the month of waiting. Waiting for crocuses and thunderstorms, the things that herald spring in the midwest. By the end of the month my daffodils and tulips are up and the sun is shining and my spirit soars, and all is once again, well in the state of Kansas.  The world smells like dirt and cherry blossoms and grass clippings. There are gardens to be planted, bushes and trees to be trimmed. The roses are already waking up and you know how I feel about those. On Sunday afternoons we all stroll around the neighborhood, admiring flower gardens and dogs and new babies. And in the evenings when we head to bed I open all the windows and fall asleep to sounds of crickets and night birds, all of us just waiting for the glorious sun to rise again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I feel you Ang. My first daffodils just popped up and it feels like I can breath again. This winter was tough.

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

I also love all the flowering trees right now. So. Pretty.

xo
Tasha