Tuesday, December 29, 2009

tabula rasa



On December 26, I took down every single Christmas decoration. Just a month ago I was super thrilled to pull them all out of their bins and deck the halls. By the time the day finally rolled around, I was over it. My distinct lack of planning made for a rather stressful month. We had a lovely day together but by the next morning, I was finished. I didn't feel that urge to extend the season. Not this year. I am ready for the new year, ready for a new start, a clean slate. I want to purge every closet and cupboard. I want to re-evaluate my goals and adjust accordingly. This year I am getting it together for sure. Because we all know I love a theme I'm going to post many of my "stuff I want to do better" (I don't do resolutions). Supposedly, you are more likely to be successful at goals if you write them down and tell other people about them. Ta-da! Thanks to you lovely people, I can do both. Feel free to pass along your advice should it apply.

#1- Eat less sugar and more vegetables because then I will be heathier and skinnier and I won't get cavities..

4 comments:

Linn said...

Love it, need to do it, you are amazing!!

Adri said...

I always go on a re-org streak when I'm pregnant. Are you sure you're not?? :)

Malea said...

Each year, Matt and I resolve to do something we know we can accomplish. Like 2009's goal: eat more pineapple and spicy foods. Done and done. But now you inspire me to purge my closests as well. Sheesh, thanks a lot!;)

Emz said...

But you'll be cranky. Not worth it. ;)

This is my fav:
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
And the eyesight to tell the difference.