Thursday, August 20, 2009

betrothed


Tommy is engaged to Paige Williams. Paige of the big, brown eyes and honey-colored hair. The wedding date has yet to be set. They spent playgroup huddled together in the playhouse talking about"married things". When we left, Paige sent us off with Tommy's very first love letter. I am not ready for this. I hadn't really thought about him loving women ( or girls in this case) other than me. I like being his dearest love. Many of my friends are sending their little ones off to kindergarten and we have been talking about how this growing up thing is a very slippery slope. Today they're five and then they are kissing girls (eww!) and next thing you know they are leaving home. No, no, no! Slow down, I'm not ready to let go.

4 comments:

Linn said...

That is the sweetest note and yes, they grow up too fast. WAY too fast!

Carrie said...

I hear ya! I am not ready for any of this. About every few days or so I have a little panic attack an wish they'd stay this way forever!!

Amber said...

So cute and appropriate for modern times. Girls have to make the first move these days.

Dena said...

I, personally, have never been ready for any of my children to grow up...although it is so cool to watch this amazing process. I had a dream last night that all 5 of you were still home-it might have had something to do with the home movies we watched at grandma's party with Misty and Cheron... Anyway, it does go fast.

Love, Mom