Friday, June 19, 2009

the best laid plans


I had a plan. I thought it was a good plan. My boys went to their first day of Kids' Day Out yesterday ( if you live in a place without KDO, I am truly sorry for you) so they were taken care of from 9:30 to 1. I had decided to do my long training runs on Thursday mornings so as to not take up my valuable Saturday mornings. It was a good plan. I set off at about 10 to run only about 8 miles. I carried water and dressed appropriately but these preparations only went so far. It was 93 degrees when I left. Once again I had overestimated my own awesomeness. I stopped 3 times to fill my water bottle. It didn't actually help all that much. It took me twice as long as it should have and by the time I got home I was showing definite signs of heat exhaustion and dehydration. I felt awful the whole rest of the day. I guess I am back to the crack of dawn on Saturdays. Sigh, I hate it when a good plan goes to waste.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

At least you have a back up plan. I did the same run for 6 miles, I thought I was going to die.