Friday, April 17, 2009

you can lead a horse to water...

Last Saturday I found my youngest balancing on the top bar of his crib. Three times. Super. No problem, get one of those net thingies to go over the top, you say? No dice. He was climbing from the outside in and obviously that sort of a habit will end badly at some point. Off I went to that basement I went in search of our adorable toddler bed. Guess what? The movers lost every stitch of hardware that went with that bed. Luckily we live only a mile and a half from Home Depot. Three trips and two hours later we got the thing set up. Now every nap time I trap my toddler in his neat and tidy room with my handy dandy gate after tucking him in. Aproximately 45 minute later I return to find something like this.

An empty bed,
and a small lump of baby sleeping on the floor,
amidst the ruins of his domain.



6 comments:

Regi said...

I love our boys! We took everything out of his room when Reese went thru this fun phase.

Julie said...

That just made my day!

Sara said...

Ah! The fun of having a toddler.

Carrie said...

I love it!

Linn said...

Isn't moving them to a real bed the best? It just frees up so much of your time and makes life so simple and calm for many, many days. Good luck on that. I'm already dreading it and we are months and months away.

Amber said...

So funny, we are still enjoying confined sleeping.