Tuesday, January 13, 2009

self-fulfilling prophecy


My friend, Carrie had a delightful idea for holiday gifts. You know the twelve gifts for a baby thing? She found twelve women in her life she felt exemplified each of the gifts. Thoughtful, no? Anyhoo, she gave each of us a lovely bracelet with our quality on it and a delightful little letter explaining why she had chosen the quality for each of us. She chose beauty for me. So sweet. At any rate she wrote me a lovely letter describing how she felt that I was always one to see the beauty around me. So here's the thing. Since she gave me that gift I really have been seeing the beauty around me, even more than before. I've been noticing the reflection of the moon on the water and the sun in my little boys hair and the absolutely beautiful flowers on my kitchen window sill. So, this post is just a little thank you note to her for helping me to really see the beauty all around me.

3 comments:

Linn said...

That is SO sweet! And you definitely deserved it. Love that idea!

Carrie said...

You're welcome. And thank you for being a part of my life.

Ed said...

That is an awesome friend you have...way to take it to the next level and continue to see the great things around you!