Reasons I loved my job today:
1. I attended my first appointment (HVAC man to do maintenance) in my pajamas and the other party could say nothing about my stripey pj pants and lack of mascara. It's my house and I am the employer, I'll wear whatever I feel like.
2. I work in one of the sunshiney-est buildings I have ever been inside. Especially in the morning there are floods of sunshine everywhere. Heaven.
3. My job requires dancing, playing, imagining, singing, and first aid, all of which I am good at.
4. My other tasks can be done in whatever order I deem appropriate and usually don't have a firm deadline.
5. My friends can and often do visit me at work. Any time one does we put on a pot of tea (or diet coke with lots of ice) and can chat for as long as I feel like (or until someone has to be picked up from preschool)
6. My work environment reeks of me. Art I love, colors I love, furniture I love and when there is something I don't like I can change it any way I like. Also, I get to choose all the smells, For example right now my whole house smells like pumpkin pie all the time. Because I love pumpkin pie and I think it's seasonally germane.
7. We get to read stories all the time.
8. On beautiful, 75 degrees October days I can choose to spend much of my workday at the playground and get brownie points for doing so.
9.Every single day of my life includes tickling and laughing, out loud.
10. Tommy thinks I know everything and am almost always right.
11. There is nothing like coming home from the park to a house that smells of chicken roasted in red wine and garlic and mushrooms that did not magically appear out of nowhere.
12. I have 100% job security.
13. The satisfaction that comes from vacuuming in straight rows.
14. A dress code that allows for skinny jeans and scarves (oh how I love scarves) and new silver python ballet flats (remember when I said I was taking a break from buying bfs-it was a dirty, dirty lie)
15. The fact that my job description includes finding the perfect apothecary jars for the mantle.
4 years ago