Wednesday, May 28, 2008

filthy dirty



As some of you may know we are in Kaysville visiting my half of the family. By we, I mean me and the kids. Today we went to the park with Adri and Jen and their respective broods. It was lovely. Lovely to spend time with people I have literally known forever, lovely to let my little boy shed the fancy manners that he has been using for medical school graduations and baby blessings and just play. Tommy spun on the merry-go-round for an hour straight. We fed the ducks and followed the little walking trail that conviently leads to steep hills with dirt paths to climb. We drank chocolate milk and chased seagulls. We had temper tantrums when it was time to go because we were having such fun. The best indicator of the quality of a day in the life of little boys is the amount of dirt in which they are covered. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Linn said...

Ohhh...I am green with envy. Can you stay until July and I'll invite myself to join all of you? Sounds like great fun. PS. Love the look of the blog.

Adri said...

Cute photos, Ang. It was so fun to be with you and your darling boys today. After we were adequately dirt covered, I took my kids to see my grandparents where they dripped ice cream cones all over themselves. It was pretty much a milky-mud river down the front of both kids! :)

I'm so glad we were able to get together (twice!). Can't wait 'til next time!