Friday, July 15, 2011

meet me in st. louis

We headed east with a friend of mine for little sightseeing (there isn't much of that in Wichita). We saw the Arch. We had to go through metal detectors. I found this concerning and reassuring all at the same time. You ride to the top in a little tiny car with window. The window has a view of the inside of the huge metal structure. If you are claustrophobic, I recommend skipping this attraction. We are not, so we got to look out the little windows at the top and see for a jillion miles across Missouri. Then we piled back into the little car to head down. Down is faster than up which my little daredevils found
thrilling. It is a huge, beautiful, amazing structure. While you are there you should also head over to City Museum a few blocks away. Best. childrens'-ish. museum. ever. You could literally spend days and days there and never find all the fun. We spent a day and now my children would like to replace the stairs in our home with wire cages for climbing between levels like they have. I said no, but they are still lobbying. It would give them something physical to do when it is 108 degrees outside...




1 comment:

Carrie said...

I would love to take my kids to the arch. Unfortunately they have recently developed fears of heights! Allie's is EXTREME!!! :( I'm glad your crew enjoyed it.