Tuesday, January 25, 2011

sew much to do

MoniqueLhuillier22Aug.JPG

(you can see why I'd be nervous. Monique Luillier, gasp!)
Some of you may be aware that I am currently making my baby sister's wedding dress. Pardon me while I go hyperventilate for a few minutes.  O.k., I'm back. This is my final "doing it better" post. I have spent the last few years sewing for everyone but me. I started sewing because I wanted to sew for myself, but that's just never quite how it works out. I sew for my shop, my friends, my children, my friends' children, my nieces and nephews, my sisters, baby gifts, custom orders and on and on and on. Sew, sew, sew. For everyone else. Not this year. I am sure that I will still do a lot of those sorts of things but I want to make stuff for me. I deserve fun stuff too. I hereby pledge to attempt to make at least one thing for myself every month. (this starts in March because I will be wedding dress-ing until then) I will post pictures and you may all oooo and ah appropriately. Or not, depending on how my creations turn out.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so impressed with your determination to do this project. I can't wait to see pictures of your progress. I totally agree that you need to enjoy the rewards of your talent. Good for you to make "you" a priority!

Linn said...

That dress is out of this world! I could not be more impressed right now. Wow, wow, wow. And yeah for making things for yourself. We are going to hold you to it! :)

Andrea said...

Is that really the dress you are making? Because my jaw is on the floor right now. You are freaking talented!!

Rebecca said...

I'm dying to see how this turns out! I can't believe your little sister is getting married!!! I'm feeling really old.

Amber said...

Good luck! Hope your sister is nearby for fittings. Super tip from my wedding dress days - Get a lock for your sewing room door! Grubby little hands, insatiable curiosity + scissors/crayons are dangerous with white. :)