Tuesday, November 16, 2010

book learning- thankful

Currently, there are seven books all stacked up on the nightstand. Next to the nightstand is an old-fashioned wicker laundry basket filled with books. This basket is the overflow for the very full book shelf across the room. My ipod is full of audiobooks. I seldom check a book out from a library, I almost always buy them. I love to have our home full of books. We have them everywhere in the house I can find space for a shelf. Every few years I get rid of those I don't love to make room for new so that it doesn't get too out of control. I can't fall asleep with out reading a chapter or two, I simply refuse to fold laundry without a book to which I can listen. I often listen to books on my long runs and they make the time and the miles speed by. I read everything but I love fairy tales and biographies. And histories and science fiction and ghost stories and classics. Oh my. I love to fill my life with stories outside of my own, to compliment, to enrich, to imagine. And it's so easy for me. I've been reading since I was four and if I can't make it to any of the five bookstores within 3 miles of my home, someone will have any story I can dream of delivered to my house, probably with free shipping.  How very delightful.

P.S. Wanna know my favorite book today? The 2011 Heirloom Roses Catalog that arived in my mailbox just this afternoon. I die. Possibly a little obsessed but, oh, they are so beautiful and there are so very many! Must find more space for roses. Obviously, I don't have enough.

No comments: