Monday, October 18, 2010

truth in marketing

Men and women are different. We all know this. I recognize that we have different needs in many arenas. This weekend I learned of one I had previously discounted. You all know how I feel about nylons (small shudder) and what with the weather being in a state of indian summer here in Kansas I am still sporting bare legs to all places requiring or even just enjoying the privilage of a skirt and/or dress. Thus, there must be shaving. I have a tiny bit of a hippy vibe but I am distinctly anti-leg hair and when I have gobs of money coming out of my ears will pay some nice person with lasers to kill it all forever. Sans gobs of money I pull out my fancy, girly, pleasantly-scented women's razer. Sunday, I realized with chagrin that my razer had been discarded in preparation for the purchase of a new one. Unfortunately said purchase had not yet taken place. Not one to be daunted, I pulled a brand new razer out of Ty's enormous Sam's Club stash under the sink. You see, secretly I knew that there was no difference between his and mine and that I was paying all that extra money for perfume and a purple handle. Nope, nope, nope. Not the same. Not the same at all. I emerged from the shower feeling raw and bleeding down my legs in several places, cut to ribbons. Poor men take these butcherous things to their faces! Perhaps they are simply more skillful than I, but, wow. Huge difference. On the way home from the gym this morning I stopped at the drugstore for an emergency razer restock. My legs are smooth and silky, as promised on the bright pink, flowered package with not a drop of blood in sight. All is right with the world.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks, Ang! That put a smile on my face.

Emz said...

Loved this.

Nylons - I'm with you - no likey.

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

Really?!? I LOVE my husband's razor whenever I need one in an emergency. Sometimes, I think I should even switch. : )

Linn said...

You speak the truth friend!