Monday, June 7, 2010

distracted by blue skies


As of today I have officially been home from my impromptu vacation for one whole week. I have accomplished very little. June makes it very hard to be productive. I am trying to be environmentally responsible (and cheap) by leaving my air conditioning at a higher temperature during the day. I am starting to wonder if my energy savings are being made completely moot by the sheer amount of sluggishness caused by my very warm house in the afternoon. And it's all sunshiney outside. I am a big believer that children should spend every possible moment outside in the summer. So. Every afternoon we either fill up the backyard pool and roll about in the sandbox or we head off the the outdoor water park at the Y. Either way I am outside, wearing a large hat and not accomplishing anything. I think I actually have more free time but I am puttering it away in the backyard. I did get some roses moved but arguably only because it could be done outside. The basement has been half way cleaned out for a couple of weeks and I haven't even started on the garage. The sewing room is disgraceful and I simply refuse to admit how long it's been since I vacuumed. I think I am not so good at balance in the summer time.

1 comment:

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

But that's what makes summer AWESOME! : )