Friday, March 13, 2009

things i learned while having the carpets cleaned


Today the nice man came to clean the carpets. He did a great job. To all you chalkboard-loving girls out there, a word to the wise, colored chalk cannot be removed from carpet by any known means. This information would have been significantly more useful a year ago when I bought a big tub of colored chalk in order to encourage my children's creativity. The damage is minor , but obnoxious nonetheless. As I was trapped in the kitchen, I baked. My very favorite rolls for dinner and a new cookie recipe(discovered because I was out of brown sugar and carpet cleaning men are not babysitters). They are Martha Washington cookies, seriously, as in made by Martha-freaking-Washington. Am feeling quite historical and have decided that pink, cream cheese frosting does not, in any way, damage their authenticity. Promise to stop baking immediately so as to have any chance on the South Beach Diet when I begin on Sunday. Or possibly Monday.

3 comments:

Adri said...

Ang...just had to tell you I love to read posts that are just so dang YOU! Miss you, girl. When are you heading West???

Cassi said...

Funny! We just got our carpets cleaned this week as well. They were a bit shabby due to Chloe randomly spitting up and then Harley licking up the left overs...ewww...I know...

Steph and Andrew said...

Do you make your own cream cheese frosting or do you buy it. I already know the answer but I am trying to make myself feel better about being lazy and buying it.